4 Powerful Home Cleaning Hacks
Keep your Frankfort home clean and functional with these 4 easy hacks.
Use these easy and effective hacks to keep your Frankfort home clean and operating well.
1) Clean Your Dishwasher With Kool-Aid
That’s right, Kook-Aid. Take a packet of lemonade-flavored Kool-Aid and empty it into the dish detergent compartment of your dishwasher. Next, run the dishwasher and let the Kool-Aid crystals polish the inside of your appliance.
2) Use Steam to Banish Kitchen Odors
If strong smells are lingering in your kitchen, use steam to kill the scent. Fill a pan with a cup of water and a few tablespoons of vinegar. Bring it to boil and let the mixture boil for several minutes. The steam will neutralize your bad kitchen odors.
3) Clean Your Baseboards Less Often
Next time you clean your baseboards, end the job by rubbing a dryer sheet over them. The antistatic properties of the dryer sheet will help keep dust and debris from sticking to them.
4)Clean Your Plastic Shower Curtains
Plastic shower curtains are a magnet for mildew, but cleaning them is easy. Just throw your shower curtain in the wash machine every month or two. Put your washer on delicate and add a load of towels, then remove it from the washer and hang it back up to dry. Don’t put it in the dryer; running it through a hot dryer will likely melt it.
TOP 4 DIY CLEANERS TO KEEP YOUR HOME TOXIN FREE
Use our favorite DIY cleaners to keep toxins out of your Frankfort home this winter.
Keep your home toxin-free and safer this winter with our top 4 DIY natural cleaners. These are our favorites because they are easy to make, easy to use, and very effective. See what you think…
- Foaming Hand Soap: Fill a foaming soap dispenser 1/5 full with liquid castile soap. Then top off with water. That’s it, I told you these were going to be easy.
- Natural Liquid Drain-O: If your sink clogs, use this easy, all-natural solution. Take ½ cup of baking soda and pour it down your drain. Next pour ½ cup of vinegar down the drain. Cover with a stopper or pot lid for five minutes. Finish the clog off by pouring one gallon of boiling water down the drain.
- Air Fresher: Believe it or not, most air fresheners contain chemicals that are known to be allergens and induce asthma. The easiest solution is simply setting a bowl of white vinegar out. But for something a little more fun you can combine a couple of cinnamon sticks with several cloves and several orange peels and place them in a pot of water. You can turbo-charge it by bringing it to a boil in a pot and letting it simmer for a while.
- All-Purpose Cleaner/Disinfectant: This one is so easy and so effective, making it our all-time favorite! Just take 1-part vinegar and add to 9 parts water, mix in a spray bottle, and presto! All done!
There you have it, our top 4. If you like these and want more, let us know!