Choosing the right fire extinguisher
Choosing the appropriate fire extinguisher is important to help minimize fire damage if it should occur.
Did you know there are several different classes of fire extinguishers?
Choosing the right one for you can help minimize fire and smoke damage if a fire does occur.
- Class A: This is the most common fire extinguisher and can be used to put out combustibles such as wood, paper, clothes and most plastics.
- Class B: This extinguisher is used for putting out flammable liquids such as gasoline and oil.
- Class C: Designated for fires involving equipment and appliances that are plugged in.
- Class D: Designed to be used on flammable metals. These are usually found in factories that work with flammable metals.
- Class K: Although these extinguishers are generally found in commercial kitchens, they are getting more common in residential kitchens. The Class K extinguisher is designated to use on fires that involve cooking oils.
Using the appropriate fire extinguisher can reduce the amount of fire damage in your home or business, and SERVPRO of Frankfort is ready to assist with any fire or smoke related damage after the fact.