Damage from Clean Water
Clean water is considered water from a broken or leaking pipe, or other water source, rainwater is also considered clean. Clean water becomes gray water when the issue at hand is left untreated and bacteria and other contaminants start to grow causing the water to become hazardous. That is why it is so important to call SERVPRO of Frankfort immediately upon discovering possible water damage due to pipe breaks or leaks.
While you are waiting for help to arrive, consider taking the following precautions to minimize damage.
- Shut off the water source and call a professional if possible.
- Turn off circuit breakers for rooms that are wet. Do not enter rooms with standing water as electrical shock could occur.
- Remove as much of the excess water as possible. Wipe excess water off furniture and mop of blot floors.
- Move any sensitive objects such as paintings, documents or valuables to a safe place if you think they may be affected by moisture.
- Remove any colored items from the floor to prevent staining.
When you have a water damage, do not leave your property to chance, call SERVPRO of Frankfort at (815)485-6901