Severe Weather Safety Expo in New Lenox, IL
The Village of New Lenox, in partnership with the New Lenox Safe Communities America Coalition and collaborative partners, recently held their 2017 New Lenox Severe Weather Spotter Training / Health and Safety Expo. The event was held on Wednesday April 26, 2017 at Lincoln-Way West High School, 21701 Gougar Road New Lenox, IL 60451 in the Performing Arts Center.
The expo hosted 50 organizations, including SERVPRO of Frankfort, from the health, safety, fitness, preparedness and emergency response industries. Attendees had the opportunity to receive free literature, giveaways, and health screenings while visiting the tables.
The expo also offered Severe Weather Spotter Training. The training provided those in attendance with information on what to look for during severe weather season. Attendees learned about:
- Thunderstorms – lightning, hail, damaging winds, flash flooding and tornadoes;
- Facts and myths about severe weather hazards that impact our area;
- Advisories, watches, and warnings;
- How and where weather spotters can report information from the safety of their homes; and
- Steps that can be taken to prepare for severe weather.
This program was perfect for, parents, scouting groups, amateur radio operators, emergency services, public works, police, fire, schools and anyone else wishing to learn about severe weather.
SERVPRO of Frankfort, IL was proud to participate in this community expo and would like to thank the village of New Lenox, IL for putting on such a great event for the community.