Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Frankfort is prepared to handle any type of mold problem that you may have inside your home. When a water line breaks or a roof leaks, mold can begin to spread significantly within the next 48 to 72 hours. Between our specialized trainings, mold removal tools, and proper protective gear- we have the ability to safely and effectively get you and your loved ones back into the comfort of your home as soon as possible. What do you do after you suspect mold and before help arrives? Below are some emergency tips on what you can do to keep you and your family safe.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (815) 485-6901
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Frankfort for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Frankfort has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- New Lenox
- Green Garden