Be Ready - With a Disaster Preparedness Check List for Your Frankfort Home
Be ready for a local disaster with this emergency supply check list. Exact needs will vary somewhat depending on what region of the country you live in and your particular circumstances, so check with your local emergency management services at www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/emergency-preparedness-response/ems for local recommendations.
- Keep at least 3 gallons of clean drinking water per person in your household
- Keep 3 days’ worth of non-perishable food for everyone in your household
- Enough blankets or sleeping bags, some extra cloths and shoes
- At least $1,000.00 cash
- Map (don’t depend on your GPS)
- Gas can
- Sanitation supplies
- Duct tape
- Can opener or multi-tool
- Wrench and pliers
- Flash light
- Spare batteries
- First-aid kit
- List of emergency contacts
- Matches or a lighter
- A container for prescription medications
- Mobile phone charger
- Whistle or flare gun
Update and renew the supplies on this list annually.
Will you be ready?