Mold- Just the Facts, No Fiction
Any home or business can quickly become infested with mold with the introduction of a water source, like a flooded basement or a roof/plumbing leak. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48-72 hours, and can produce allergens and irritants that have the potential to cause other health effects.
Top facts of Mold are:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce toxins harmful to humans and pets.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Frankfort Professionals can inspect and assess your property. If mold is found, we have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to remove and treat the structure quickly & efficiently.
To make an appointment for a mold inspection of your property, please contact our office at (815) 485-6901.