What Is Black Mold?
“Black Mold” or “Toxic Mold” is something you may have heard about or even seen on various news reports. Some of these reports can be a bit overwhelming or alarming and even a little scary. We are here to help put your mind at ease. If you are not sure what you are looking for, you came to the right place. Mold flourishes in moisture. Here in the Midwest, we see quite a bit of rain. SERVPRO of Frankfort has seen its fair share of moisture-caused mold damages. Being able to understand mold, may give you an advantage if you ever suspect a mold problem in your home.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Frankfort immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (815) 485-6901
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Frankfort is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- New Lenox
- Green Garden