Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Potentially dangerous environments have the possibility of arising as the result of biological and chemical contaminants. These contaminants can cause potential health hazards. SERVPRO of Frankfort is available to help safely remove and dispose of any potential biohazards you may experience/ have experienced. Our trained professionals work in accordance with OSHA and health regulations in order to provide our customers with a reassurance of a clean and safe environment at the close of our job. Below are some specific tips with specific information on the types of biohazard cleanup service that we can offer if/should you need us. No matter the time of day, we are here to help.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (815) 485-6901
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Frankfort has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- New Lenox
- Green Garden