Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Floods can have many different causes- heavy rains, melting snow, overflowing rivers, etc. Whichever the cause, your first and main concern should always be safety. Knowing who to call if your Frankfort home were to suffer a water loss is half the battle. At SERVPRO of Frankfort, our main goal is to get your home back to its preloss condition. With enough equipment to handle any task, and trained staff with the expertise to take on the job, we are here to take away your headache. Our trained professionals are willing and ready to help. Here are some tips, should you ever experience a flood:
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (815) 485-6901
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.